Handmade Wardrobe // laced up foliage

my dress: Vogue 9100 hacked with a center front split, grommets, and ties in a cotton sateen from Mood Fabrics

Penny’s skirt: self drafted

my shoes: Swedish Hasbeens

——————————————————————————————

This dress has been a long time coming! I have had a laced up dress in a similar shape inspiration photo saved in my photo library for YEARS. And I’ve also had this fabric in my stash for almost a year. It just took me awhile to figure out that the project and fabric were a perfect pair!

I used Vogue 9100 because it had shape i was looking for - scoop neck, princess seams, full gathered skirt. But instead of cutting the center front piece on the fold, I added 5/8” seam allowance to the center front and cut mirror images not on the fold. After fully lining the bodice the front had the front split, so I added large grommets on either side and thread a long 1.5” wide tie through it. GAAAAAH obsessed. Seriously. If theres one thing I wish I would’ve dome different, I wish I would’ve moved the top two grommets up to right next to the top edge of the bodice. And I might eventually add a wider, fuller, and longer tie. I feel like this one kind of gets lost in the photos. But that last thing is something I can fix! Another note on the pattern - It comes with multiple cup size options (so good!) But even cutting out an A cup, I still had to adjust the princess seams and shape of the neckline for my itty bitty bust. Everything was worth the adjustments, though, because it fits and it turned out just as I imagined.

Penny just got a basic elastic skirt with paperbag waist, because that is all the yardage I had left, ha.

Photo Jun 30, 8 49 17 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 29, 10 14 04 AM.jpg
Photo Jun 30, 9 03 01 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 30, 9 22 15 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 29, 10 13 52 AM.jpg
Photo Jun 30, 9 00 11 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 30, 8 59 11 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 29, 10 04 07 AM.jpg